Let us help you to let!
GB Property Management & Lettings is a family run business specialising in letting residential properties across the West Devon and East Cornwall area. Established in 1991, the team has an excellent knowledge of Landlords expectations, and are able to offer an individual bespoke professional service. Our aim is to achieve a successful and stress free let for our Landlords, and we list below information that will assist you with the letting of your property.
- It is the Landlords responsibility to ensure that the Buildings and Contents of the property are fully insured and the appropriate insurers are informed of the letting. Inform any Mortgagee of the property of the proposed letting and to obtain the Mortgage providers prior approval to the particular type of letting, ensuring that all requirements of the Mortgagee have been complied with before any letting takes place.
- An Energy Performance Certificate is legally required prior to any marketing of the property.
- It is the Landlord’s responsibility to ensure all gas appliances are fitted and serviced in accordance with the Gas Safety Regulations 1994.
- The Landlord must ensure the electrical installation at the property complies with Electrical Safety Regulations 1994.
- It is the Landlord’s responsibility to ensure that all furniture, included or which may become included, within the letting complies with all current and future Fire Resistance Regulations, contained in Regulation 14 of the 1988 Fire and Furnishing Regulations Act.
- It is necessary for all Landlords to inform the HMRC that the property is let, in addition overseas Landlords are required to register with the Non-Resident Landlords scheme, and obtain the required exemption form.
- The Damage Deposit collected must be lodged with a nominated scheme holder.
We are able to assist you with any of the above please contact us for a full professional service